These easy-to-make chocolate truffles are the perfect indulgence for when the nights draw in and the fall edges ever closer. Our tasty chocolate truffles are delicious on their own, or you could shake things up with different toppings including cocoa powder, crushed pistachio or cashew nuts or desiccated coconut. Go on, give it a go!
- 300g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
- 1 ½ cups double cream
- 50g unsalted butter
- Break the chocolate up into small pieces and place into a bowl.
- Pour the cream and butter into a sauce pan and gently heat until the butter melts and the cream reaches simmering point.
- Pour the cream and butter mixture over the chocolate and combine until smooth. Cool and chill for at least 4 hours.
- To shape the truffles, scoop up the truffle mixture with a melon baller or a spoon, and shape into balls with clean hands.
- Gently roll the truffles in crushed pistachios, desiccated coconut or cocoa powder for extra flair (optional).
- Chill in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to a month.