Jason Campbell calls off wedding

Former Redskins QB denies rumors that wedding was cancelled at the last minute

WRITTEN BY: Kara Menini
Jason Campbell stretches before a game in 2011
Image Source: Jeffrey Beall via Flickr
Jason Campbell stretches before a game in 2011

Jason Campbell, former quarterback for the Washington Redskins, and fiancée Jenny Montes, are rumored to have called off their wedding mere hours before the ceremony was scheduled to begin in the Dominican Republic.

Jason Campbell and Jenny Montes had planned to tie the knot this past Saturday in the Dominican Republic in front of 162 guests at an exclusive resort, reports the Washington Post. The bride-to-be had been tweeting down the days until the ceremony so it came as a huge surprise to the guests, who had already flown to the resort, when they were informed that the wedding had been called off without further explanation. Jason Campbell, in a phone conversation with the Washington Post, “declined to go into details but said the two came to a decision to ‘put things off’ after discussing it for a couple of weeks.” Campbell was quoted as saying, “I love her enough not to leave her at the altar. I love her enough to talk to her before it gets that far.” 

However, Jason Campbell has denied that they called off the wedding at the last minute.  “That stuff is just crazy. Jenny’s a good person and I’m a good person. I don’t even know why people would put all those lies out there,” he told the Washington Post. Even though Campbell said he and his fiancée were at the resort because they, “just made a vacation out of it,” it still seems accurate that all the guests had also flown in. 

Jason Campbell has been dealing with issues in his career after he broke his collar bone and was benched for the remainder of the season. This injury seems to be one cause for the cancellation, “It’s just the fact that I have a lot going on right now with recovering from injury.  There’s just so much going on in both our lives right now,” he said according to the Washington Post. 

The couple took down the website for their wedding on Tuesday and has not given more information as to whether the ceremony cancellation was simply a postponement or if the wedding is permanently called off. Jason Campbell told the Washington Post, “We’re not trying to force anything right now.”

COMPETITIONS

ADVERTISEMENT
Loading...