MMM… Yummy!! College life isn’t exactly the easiest thing in the world. In fact, aside from the extra freedoms that you receive when you venture out and live on your own, there are a lot of extra responsibilities that are piled onto your plate. Speaking of plates, it is good to be able to fix yourself a healthy meal or two, even when you have a tight schedule. Well, here is a scrumptious, and all too simple, recipe to fix up in your free time. ASPARAGUS with ALMONDS (And who doesn’t love Almonds) This meal is easily served warm, or even prepared ahead of time and served cold. Now, I would honestly like it better warm and love to plate this meal with a Crusted chicken Breast. (THAT RECIPIE WILL BE PUBLISHED NEXT)
Here is what you will need Nutrition:
• 1 pound, trimmed and cut, 2-inch asparagus spears • ½ cup slivered almonds (Toasted if desired
• 1Tablespoon of Olive Oil
• 1/8 cup Cider Vinegar
• 1/8 cup Teriyaki Sauce
• 1 Tablespoon Sugar
• ¼ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
• ¼ Teaspoon Pepper DIRECTIONS FOR THIS DELICIOUSNESS
1. Steam/cook asparagus until tender-crisp.
2. Meanwhile, stir together almonds, olive oil, cider vinegar, teriyaki sauce, sugar, ginger, and pepper.
3. Pour over the cooked asparagus and toss to coat well.
4. Serve right away or chill for 1-2 hours and serve cold.
See, it is not always incredibly expensive and time consuming to create a delightful meal in your free time. In fact, this is a pretty cheap alternative to going out to eat. Cooking can also clear the mind and prove to be a healthy way to work off stress and have good, clean fun by yourself, or even with friends. This will be the first of many postings, the next of which, will be the delectable chicken breast that would be optimal for an incredible paring with this yumtastic asparagus.