Kristen Stewart takes the cake and bumps off Angelina Jolie
Forbes just released its 2012 list of highest paid actresses. Forbes.com compiled the list based on earnings, profits, residuals, endorsements and advertising and estimated salaries by speaking to agents, managers and lawyers.
- Kristen Stewart $34.5 million. The Twilight starlet bumped Angelina Jolie off of number one. Last year she was tied for fifth on the Forbes list with Julia Roberts. Most of her earnings came from Twilight but also made a lot for starring in Snow White and the Huntsman. Also, Stewart’s relationship with Twilight costar Robert Pattinson has gotten a lot of media attention.
- Cameron Diaz $34 million. The Bad Teacher star took a smaller upfront in exchange for a larger share of the profits. Bad Teacher earned $216 million on a small $20 million budget.
- Sandra Bullock $25 million. Bullock’s most recent film Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close didn’t make a lot but most of earnings—still—came from the huge studio hit The Blind Side. The media has been paying attention to Bullock and her son, Louis and have been taking shots of the two during outings.
- Angelina Jolie $20 million. Despite not starring in a big studio film, Jolie is still earning a lot from residuals and endorsements for companies like Louis Vuitton. The media still finds Jolie hot—the actress has appeared on 78 magazine covers between May 2011 and 2012 as well as her relationship with Brad Pitt and six children.
- Charlize Theron $18 million. Theron’s film in 2011 Young Adult didn’t earn a lot but gave her a good exposure—that much needed for her career. Snow White and the Huntsman and Prometheus helped with the exposure. Theron is the face for Dior, as well.
- Julia Roberts $16 million. Roberts hasn’t been in many movies, instead she’s been picky about projects—despite them not doing too well. Larry Crowne earned only $52 million. Mirror, Mirror earned $135 million but cost an estimated $85 million to produce.
- Sarah Jessica Parker $15 million. I Don’t Know How She Does It was a flop, only bringing in $30 million. Though she’s still banking on reruns of Sex in the City on HBO, Garnier endorsements and perfumes, NYC and Lovely.
- Meryl Streep $12 million. This year Streep won her third Academy Award for The Iron Lady. She is the most nominated actress of all time, works consistently and is able to balance projects between award-worthy and mainstream films.
- Kristen Wiig $12 million. Bridesmaids earned more money than anyone thought it would—$288 million on a $32 million budget. Wiig followed up Bridesmaids with Friends With Kids but by Christmas she will be co-starring alongside Ben Stiller in her first big budget film The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
- Jennifer Aniston $11 million. Just Go With It was Aniston’s most recent big movie which features Adam Sandler. Although, Aniston received more praise for Horrible Bosses. Aniston was getting the attention of the media with her new relationship with actor Justin Theroux.