Matt Forte not happy about Bears signing Michael Bush

After signing Micheal Bush, Matt Forte went to Twitter to say he feels "disrespected."

WRITTEN BY: Jalesa Hall
Matt Forte
Image Source: Mike Shadle via Wikimedia Commons
Matt Forte

Running Back Matt Forte isn’t happy with the Bears signing another player to his position and has been vocal about his concerns, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

Thursday, the Bears announced that they would be bringing Michael Bush to Chicago with a four-year deal for $14 million, $7 million guaranteed.

Forte tweeted, “There’s only so many times a man that has done everything he’s been asked to do can be disrespected!” Guess the good guys do finish last...”

Earlier this month, the Bears arranged a franchise tag on Forte, meaning that he will be paid $7.74 million. Though this is a raise from the $7 million last year, it is still unclear how much of a raise Forte is looking for.

Forte tweeted later on, “For the record I’m not mad at the signing of another running back. This is the 4th time that’s happened. I embrace competition as well as help. But as for not taking care of ur own and undervaluing a player under his market value is another story!”

Forte rushed for 997 yards in 12 games, missing the last four due to a knee injury.

Bush, who rushed for 977 yards in 16 games with the Oakland Raiders, said, “I can understand where the guy is coming from. Everything they’ve asked, he’s done. You want to be rewarded for your success. But that has nothing to do with me.”

Speaking highly of Forte, Bush said, “I’m just glad I’m on this team.”

Former current Carolina Panther Greg Olsen tweeted:
“Why keep paying backups big [money] every [year]? Crazy! Matt deserves better. Of course backup RB is important. All I’m saying is take care of workhorse first then find his backup. Matt been best player for yrs.”

Forte has been with the Bears since 2008. 

COMPETITIONS

ADVERTISEMENT
Loading...