The rapper requests were not met by OKC Thunders for Game 3 Finals
Often times celebrities are privileged enough to get the V.I.P. treatment such as going to events, and not even needing to pay, but once in awhile celebrities get a dose of reality that they aren’t V.I.P. Last night, at the OKC Thunder’s game Lil Wayne received that healthy dose of reality.
When Lil Wayne was denied entry to the game he immediately took to Twitter:
“Was going to go to the Thunder game tonight but was denied by the team to be in their arena. Wow. Smh. Go Spurs”—he probably didn’t mean that. OKC finished off the Spur’s 20-game winning streak during Game 3 Finals.
According to the Associated Press, the rapper’s reps called ahead of time to ask for free tickets and specified for front row seats. None of those seats were available for Lil Wayne and OKC games have been sold out during the regular season as well as playoffs.
Thunder spokesman Dan Mahoney said, “We’d love to have him at a game, but like anyone else, he needs a ticket.”
A few highlights from last night’s game, from the Washington Post:
• Thabo Sefolasha sets a career-best with six steals and 19 points
• Sefolasha broke through the Spurs’ tight-knit offense—four steals in the first 3 minutes
• Kevin Durant scored 22 points
• Russell Westbrook’s two-handed jam off an alley-oop pass
• Ibaka’s dunk and 3-pointer during a 13-1 run
• Duncan receiving a technical from the bench
• OKC second quarter lead basically sealed the game to the Thunders