From pumpkin spiced lattes to pumpkin pie and beyond, fall is the perfect time to break out your inner-baker and try some new recipes. Starting early can help you perfect the perfect dessert to bring to the next bonfire, Halloween party or Thanksgiving dinner.
Now you may be thinking “I don’t have time for this,” but have no fear. You can bake a variety of tasty treats in 30 minutes or less and here’s one: mini pumpkin cinnamon rolls.
What you need
For the pumpkin cinnamon rolls:
1 can Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations refrigerated seamless dough sheet
1/4 cup pumpkin butter
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the cream cheese frosting:
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon milk (more if you like a thin frosting)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Unroll sheet dough into one large rectangle. Spread pumpkin butter evenly over the dough and evenly sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over the pumpkin butter.
3. Starting with short side of the rectangle, roll up into a log. Using string, plain dental floss, or a knife, cut the roll into 10 slices. Place slices, cut side down, in a greased 8 x 8 baking dish.
4. Bake rolls for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 5 minutes.
5. In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Whisk in the confectioner's sugar, vanilla, and milk. If the frosting is too thick, you may add a little more milk and whisk until you’ve reached a desired smooth texture.
6. Spread frosting over cinnamon rolls and serve!