The World Boxing Organization (WBO) finished its review of the June 9 bout between Manny Pacquiao and Timothy Bradley and unanimously declared Manny Pacquiao the winner.
The panel consisted of five international judges scoring the fight 117-111, 117-111,118-110, 116-112, and 115-113 in favor of Pacquiao.
Despite the new ruling, Bradley still retains his win. Last week president of the WBO, Francisco “Paco” Valcarcel, ordered for the five-judge review of the Pacquiao-Bradley bout while questioning the Nevada State Athletic Commission.
Even with the inability to overturn the victory to Pacquiao, Pac-Man says he is fine with it. He told reporters in his home country of the Philippines he would rather win back the title in a rematch because “people may think I just usurped it.”
Pacquiao was quoted saying in a radio interview, “If they will return the belt to me, I won’t accept it…People may think I was snatching the belt. But if would be better if they would keep the title vacant, no more champion.”
Pacquiao told his supporters, “My supporters shouldn’t worry. We’re going to get that title.”
Any prospects of a rematch have remained ambiguous by Golden Boy promoter, Bob Arum. According to a Yahoo contributor, Lana Bandoim, “WBO has made a rematch sound like an unlikely possibility, but this may simply be another tactic to boost ratings for the fight.”
Bob Arum is planning to meet with Pacquiao next week in Los Angeles to discuss future matches.
In the initial rulings judge, Jerry Roth, scored Pacquiao 115-113 but Duane Ford and C.J. Ross favored Bradley both scoring Bradley 115-113 over Pacquiao. Ford said Bradley gave Pacquiao “a boxing lesson,” causing uproar not only in the boxing community but to international Pacquiao supporters.