Your one stop for college news and resources!

When you need to contact student health services

Sometimes students aren’t sure of when they should contact student health services. They don’t feel well, but they hate the thought of visiting the doctor or nurse on call. Unfortunately, illness or pain doesn’t always get better on its own. With that in mind, here are some instance when you definitely need to contact student health services.

Contact student health services…

  • If you have a fever of 102.5 degrees or higher.
  • If you have a headache accompanied by a stiff neck.
  • If you have pain with urination,
  • If you have an unusual discharge from your penis or vagina.
  • If you have a change in your menstrual cycle.
  • If you have pain in the abdomen that will not go away.
  • If you have a persistent cough, chest pain or trouble breathing.
  • If you have pain or any other symptoms that worry you or last longer than you think they should.
  • If you have a sever sore throat that lasts longer than two or three days.

Related Articles