Getting a good winter workout routine during the colder months becomes less of a priority because we don’t need that beach body anymore, right? Actually, doing a winter workout can make it easier to remain fit for next summer! These exercises can be done in the warmth of your own home, so you don’t have to go out and face the winter storms.
You will also like: December Fitness Fun
The T Push Up
Targets: arms & abs
1. Start in a push-up position with your arms straight. Lower yourself to the floor
2. As you push yourself back up, slowly lift your right arm above your head and rotate your body on to the outside of your left foot
3. Straighten your right arm, pointing your fingertips to the ceiling. Hold for three seconds. Do the same but lift your left arm the next time.
4. Continue alternating on both sides, 10 times on each side, for a total of 20 push-ups.
Standing Leg Kicks
Targets: abs & legs
1. Stand up with your back straight and arms reached straight out in front of you.
2. Kick your right leg straight out in front of you as high as you can go without bending the knees.
3. After you bring back your right leg, kick out your left leg in the same manner.
4. Continue alternating right and left kicks, 20 times on each side, for a total of 40 leg kicks.
1. Stand up straight with your feet about shoulder width apart and your arms raised above your head.
2. Squat down making sure knees do not pass the tips of your toes.
3. As you squat down, take your right hand and cross over to your left heel. Simultaneously, swing your left arm behind your back.
4. As you come back up, raise both hands back over your head.
5. Squat again with your left hand crossing over to your right heel and your right hand swinging behind your back. Come back up and raise both hands above your head again.
6. Continue alternating left and right heel squats, 10 on each side, for a total of 20 squats.